Things that can contribute to overwhelm: relationships, physical illness, mental illness, chronic pain, demanding job, not eating well, money issues, life changes, personal trauma, schedule struggles, sleep issues
Intentional thinking and intentional planning is key to overcoming overwhelm.
Identify trouble spots in your life that trigger overwhelm, so that you can plan ahead on how to get around them.
What about AFTER the overwhelm? Look back and assess the situation. Maybe there's something you could have done differently or a way you could have avoided certain triggers.
Time Management Tips
- Pick just one thing to do at a time.
- Figure out how long the task will actually take. It's likely less time that you are thinking in your head.
- Use time blocking. Attach a task to certain days or times.
Three practical ways to help you slice right through the overwhelm you feel in your life.
- Just say no.
- Stop trying to do four things at once.
- Automate tasks whenever possible.